Tonight I am on vacation. I am at my sister's cabin up at Lake Arrowhead, CA. It is 7:45 p.m. The weather is perfect (78 degrees). The water was perfect today. My oldest got up on his skis on the second attempt. This is what vacation is all about. I'm not trying to brag, I'm just telling you how it is.
Right now I am out on the deck overlooking the lake watching my son ski again. It is a proud papa moment. Between skiing and wiping out and getting back up again, I am checking some of my favorite blogs.
I came across this great questionnaire over at With Reckless Abandon
. Thought I'd give you all a little insight into me. Send my your answers!
1. What is your occupationPastor/Musician.
2. What are you listening to right now?The sound of boats and the waves lapping against the shore.
3. What was the last thing you ate?Thick hamburger (no bun), Mexican grilled corn-on-the-cob (it's the best, e-mail me for the recipe), fresh salad greens, grilled asparagus, MGD.
4. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?Fire engine red.
5. How is the weather right now?Perfect - 78 degrees, some clouds, sunset.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?My mom.
7. How old are you today?39.
8. Favorite drink?.Ice water, Diet Coke, Mango Margarita.
9. Favorite sport to watch?College football.
10. Have you ever dyed your hair?I had a terrible Sun-In experience; it wasn't so much dye as much as it was a horrible peroxide choice.
11. Do you wear contacts?Yes.
12. Favorite month?July.
13. Favorite food?Steak, pizza, most things Mexican.
14. What was the last movie you watched?Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (awesome, as good as the 70's version, only different). See my comments here.
15. Favorite day of the year?Thanksgiving or Christmas.
16. What do you do to vent anger?Vent to one of two select friends.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child?Evel Kenievel Stunt Bike or Slot-Car Race Track.
18. Fall or Spring?Fall.
19. Hugs or kisses?Yes, please.
20. Cherry or Blueberry?Neither.
21. Do you want your friends to email you back?Absolutely.
22. Who is most likely to respond?Only those who are true to me.
23. Who is least likely to respond?Those closest (and truest) to me.
24. When was the last time you cried?July 15 while watching Ladder 49.
25. What is on the floor of your closet?Luggage.
26. Who is the friend you have had the longest?Ron Regas.
27. What did you do last night?Got ready for vacation, detailed the truck.
28. Favorite smell?Hawaiian Tropic coconut-scented suntan lotion - smells like summer to me.
29. What inspires you?Music, nature, movies, books.
30. What are you afraid of?Dying without having made a difference.
31. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers?Cheese.
32. Favorite car?Actually owned: My 2004 Ford F-150; Dream-car: Cobra Mustang or Dodge Viper.
33. Favorite dog breed?Labrador Retriever or Weimaraner.
34. Number of keys on your key ring?Depends on which ring; Car: 1; House: 6; Work 1: 12; Work 2: 16.
35. How many years at your current job?5 1/2.
36. What is your favorite day of the week?Sunday (show-time) and Friday (day off).
37. How many states have you lived in?Three.
38. How many cities have you lived in?Seven.
Your turn. Let's hear your answers!